The health and safety of our students and staff is our top priority. Effective September 1, 2020, Metro Continuing Education will be implementing the following Safety Protocol in alignment with the Edmonton Public Schools COVID-19 Division Re-entry Strategy for Adult Continuing Education classes.
Safety Protocols for Metro Edmonton Public School Venues
- All students and staff will be required to wear a mask when physical distancing of 2 metres at the school and in the classroom is not possible.
- Students are required to provide their own masks. Masks will not be provided.
- Students will be asked to maintain physical distancing, wherever possible, of a minimum of 2 metres from others.
- Class size maximums will be reduced to allow for as much space as possible between students/instructors.
- All classes, equipment and washrooms will be cleaned and sanitized prior to student arrival and after departure. This includes chairs, desks, door handles, counters, all high-touch surfaces, etc.
- Desks and chairs in the classrooms will remain in the orientation they are found to minimize cleaning time.
- Hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol content will be provided and used prior to entering and exiting the building and prior to and following the use of washrooms.
- All class hand-outs will be sent electronically via email to students prior to the first class. Students may choose to print their own hand-outs and bring them to class or view them on a device (i.e. phone, tablet, lap top). Please note, hand-outs and devices will not be provided. Any pre-paid manuals, textbooks or supplies will be given to students in the first class.
- All students and staff will be required to complete a Screening Questionnaire at home prior to attending classes.
- Students must enter and exit the school through one designated door (map to be provided closer to the class start date).
- Students may enter the building no earlier than 10 minutes prior to the beginning of class.
- Upon entering, students must go directly to their classroom using the designated hallway(s).
- At the completion of class, students must immediately exit the building.
- Students must use the designated washrooms (map to be provided closer to the class start date).
- Students must stay in their classroom or exit the building during break/ lunch times (with the exception of washroom use).
Metro Cooking Classes
- Please be aware that only one (1) student per cooking station will be permitted. Also please note, the lay-out of the kitchens do not allow for 2 metres of physical distancing so masks must be worn at all times.
Safety Protocol for Metro Off-Site Venues
- Some of Metro’s classes run at private businesses/facilities (off-site venues). Each of these businesses/facilities will have their own safety protocol in place. For more information, please contact the off-site venue directly.